What a month it has been!!
I really have not had a moment to sit down and take a breath over the past few weeks. But now, with Christmas out of the way and 2018 just hours away I thought I would share with you a last minute treat for you to indulge in before the diets start tomorrow!
As I’ve said before, life is all about balance and that means you can enjoy a glass of wine or chocolate without feeling guilty. I have to admit, December has been an indulgent month for me, spending time with friends and family, going for drinks and dinner out, and not having much time to hit the gym. However, January is a new chapter and I certainly will be getting back into my usual balanced routine very soon.
For NYE though, G and I are hosting dinner at our new place and although we’ve asked guests to bring bits and bobs, I have made a batch of my favourite naughty snack – ‘munchie white chocolate fudge’! Yes it has sugar, butter and chocolate in the recipe, meaning that yes, it is ‘unhealthy’… but in small bitesize chunks you can treat yourself to one and won’t pack on the pounds.
I think as a general 2017 life lesson I have learnt to ‘treat yourself’. This may seem like an obvious thing, but all too often people are hard on themselves when it comes to work, dieting, grades and achievements. I know I’ve been guilty of that this year with my final university exams, applying for graduate schemes, starting a new job, moving down to London and getting fit. What does this have to do with munchie white chocolate fudge though?
All I am saying is that despite this recipe not being packed full of kale, chickpeas, blueberries or flaxseed, you are allowed to treat yourself with food as long as it isn’t all-day-every-day.
So go and try out this easy fudge recipe and substitute the munchies with your favourite chocolate, sweets or dried fruit!
– 350g granulated sugar
– 25g unsalted butter
– 170ml evaporated milk
– 300g white chocolate (roughly chopped)
– 113g sharing bag of munchies (or your favourite chocolate)
– Line a square 9” baking tray with baking paper or foil.
– Put the butter, sugar and evaporated milk into a heavy based saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
– Stirring continuously, bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and then simmer for 5 minutes.
– Remove from the heat and stir in the white chocolate until smooth.
– Add about 7 munchies into the mixture and swirl to make a marbled pattern.
– Pour the mixture into your prepared container and spread so it is roughly even.
– Push the remaining munchies into the mixture at different angles.
– Place in the fridge and allow to set (I usually leave it overnight).
– Cut into squares and enjoy!