Most food I eat is vegetarian or vegan, not because I am either of those things but because I love that type of food – give me falafel, aubergine or tofu annnnyyyy day of the week.
But veggie stuff aside, my favourite protein to eat is fish, more specifically salmon. Not sure whether it is because it is pink that I love it, or that it just tastes really good – both valid reasons, right?
It is pretty boring considering the amazing recipes out there with salmon in them, but if I have the choice I actually prefer it plain. However, that’s when I am having it cooked as a salmon fillet…
But, I simply cannot resist this incredible salmon burger, which I think is more satisfying than one of those humungous beef burgers smothered in nacho cheese that you can get at various restaurant chains. I present to you the best recipe for simple, super healthy salmon burgers.
This recipe is fool proof, quick as a flash and the results are delicious!
Makes 2 patties
2 boneless, skinless salmon fillets (about 250g) cut into chunks
1 tbsp. Thai red curry paste
4cm piece of fresh root ginger, grated
1 tsp. soy sauce
Small handful of coriander, roughly chopped
1 tsp. vegetable oil
– Tip the salmon into a food processor with the curry paste, ginger, soy sauce and coriander.
– Pulse until roughly minced.
– Tip out the mixture and shape into two patties.
– Heat the oil in a non-stock frying pan and fry the burgers for 4-5 minutes on each side, turning until golden brown and cooked through.
– Serve with a salad or in a bun.