No time for reading, more time for flipping!
This is a simple, but yummy take on the simple crepe recipe, using whole-wheat flour, skimmed milk and water. Top your pancakes with whatever you fancy – I always get every option out and then see what I fancy when it’s on my plate! Peanut butter, yoghurt and berries, lemon and sugar, chocolate spread, banana and maple syrup…
What are your favourite pancake toppings?! Comment below…
120g whole-wheat flour
250ml skimmed milk
1 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp. salt
1 tbsp. butter (+ extra for cooking)
– Put all ingredients into a large jug and whisk until smooth.
– Allow mixture to stand for 15 minutes.
– Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and melt butter for cooking.
– When you can see the butter bubbling slightly pour batter into the pan and swirl around so it covers the bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
– Immediately scrape a spatula around the outside edge of the pancake.
– After about 1 minute (until golden brown), shake the pan and the pancake should be loose. Carefully flip.
– Fry for a further minute until golden brown and then serve with whatever toppings you fancy!