You know I like a banana bread – in fact I have said before that it is one of my favourite sweet treats. There is nothing quite like it, especially when it has chocolate chips in…
The recipe I am sharing today is a paleo chocolate chip banana bread made with coconut flour and although it doesn’t rise quite as much as a normal banana bread, thus making it a little denser, it is still absolutely scrumptious.
I made this one Sunday afternoon and couldn’t help but taking a slice to work with me every day until I finished it (aka it only lasted a few days!) On its own, or served with a little nut butter, I will definitely be making this healthy alternative again!
Be careful when you bake this banana bread that you are careful with the chocolate on top as it can very easily burn. I perhaps left this in a minute too long (although it didn’t damage the taste!)
1 ¼ cups mashed banana (about 3 medium ripe bananas)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ cup almond butter
2 eggs (at room temp)
½ cup coconut flour
¾ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup chocolate chips
– Preheat oven to 180°C fan. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with a little butter or oil.
– Put the mashed banana, vanilla and almond butter in a bowl and mix with an electric whisk until smooth and creamy.
– Add the eggs, one at a time and mix until combined.
– Put the electric whisk on low-medium speed and add in the coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt – mix until just combined.
– Gently fold in the chocolate chips, saving a few for scattering on top.
– Pour mixture into the loaf tin and smooth the top, add on the few remaining chocolate chips.
– Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean and it is golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
– Remove from the tin and cut into slices.